General BRO change the way the site operates, TOO many useless spam replies in every mod thread...

• Hello! We've finally created an official Polarmods Discord server! Feel free to join below if you would like to get news about mods, tutorials, and everything else about the forum :) Thanks! Link: here.

Entropic

Special
Special
Registered
Nov 24, 2021
Please put a disclaimer at the top of your page, in big bold text, that says "YOU DO NOT NEED TO REPLY TO ANY POST IN ORDER TO GET THE DOWNLOAD LINK. YOU ONLY NEED to "like" the INITIAL POST TO REVEAL THE SPOILERS! SPAM POSTS WILL BE REMOVED"

EIther that, or just remove the requirement to "like" the post in order to see the download links.

I get why you do it, it's so people who aren't registered with the forum can't download your mods.

Still, I find it VERY difficult to find useful posts on here when it comes to troubleshooting mods or seeing feeeback... If a mod I have is having problems, I often cone to the forum post, and see if anyone else is having problems, or if there's a solution.

This is because users here think you need to actually reply to a post in order to download it, so the topic is filled with pages of spam replies. I have to go through pages of spam replies to find any useful or serious non-spam posts.

It's time to change it so the forum is private, and the requirement to "like" the post in order to see the download link is removed.

Make it so non registered visitors can see the titles of forum posts, but they can't see the content of the posts. This will make it so it will still draw in new users who can see the titles of games they want mods for, and they will be compelled to register, while also cutting down on the amount of spam posts of people who think that you have to reply to a post, in order to see the download links.

Either this, or PLEASE start enforcing anti-spam posts and start handing out warnings and bans.

99% of posts on here are just useless one word or one character replies like "wow" or "cool", "ty" "." "mod" "good". This is a terrible experience. I don't want have to look through 10 pages of little kids posting "wow" or "thx" or "good" to find the one post that is actually useful.

For the love of God, make this change. I'm begging you.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ZaxHax and Rev

Rev

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 25, 2020
I completely agree. Thank you for this suggestion. I will implement it.

Reactions: Entropic

Rev

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 25, 2020
Hi,
I've implemented the change. Thank you for contributing to the forum - I really appreciate it.

Non-registered users won't be able to see links. If you register, then everything will be shown - without needing to "like", or "reply".

I agree with the change, as it makes it easier to manage spam, and makes the forum "cleaner".

• Love
Reactions: ZaxHax and Entropic

Rev

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 25, 2020
Adding on to that, I'll be making a system where users need to be active on the forum in order to use certain mods.

For example, you might need 20 posts in order to use a certain menu - of course spam-free posts.

Reactions: Entropic

Entropic

Special
Special
Registered
Nov 24, 2021
Adding on to that, I'll be making a system where users need to be active on the forum in order to use certain mods.

For example, you might need 20 posts in order to use a certain menu - of course spam-free posts.
That's great. This is a nice change and I'm sure it will make things a bit easier in terms of receiving troubleshooting / giving feedback.

I know the whole "like this post to reveal the download" thing is normal, which is fine, but a lot of users think you NEED to reply to the post in order to see the links, and that's what prompted me to make this post. Even if you state explicitly, "don't reply, just give us a like.' you are still going to get a lot of confused users who don't realize that and will post a reply anyway, even if it's spam.

I'll try to continue to contribute towards this site and your hard work in constructive ways.

~ thanks!

Reactions: Rev

Rev

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 25, 2020
That's great. This is a nice change and I'm sure it will make things a bit easier in terms of receiving troubleshooting / giving feedback.

I know the whole "like this post to reveal the download" thing is normal, which is fine, but a lot of users think you NEED to reply to the post in order to see the links, and that's what prompted me to make this post. Even if you state explicitly, "don't reply, just give us a like.' you are still going to get a lot of confused users who don't realize that and will post a reply anyway, even if it's spam.

I'll try to continue to contribute towards this site and your hard work in constructive ways.

~ thanks!
Thank you too :D

8BTD

Verified Modder
Verified Modder
Jun 30, 2021
Wont that make easy for the good people with morals to DMCA/Report download links

:peepohmm:

Also what about the reaction score system..

Im not against this system cuz i know there are a lot of spam comments on my threads.
(Maybe because of the theme cuz one commented that on my post)

Rev

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 25, 2020
Wont that make easy for the good people with morals to DMCA/Report download links

:peepohmm:

Also what about the reaction score system..

Im not against this system cuz i know there are a lot of spam comments on my threads.
(Maybe because of the theme cuz one commented that on my post)
No, it'll be just as easy to DMCA links as it was before. People still have to register in order to see links.

Reactions: 8BTD

ZaxHax

Registered
Feb 21, 2022
United States of America
Please put a disclaimer at the top of your page, in big bold text, that says "YOU DO NOT NEED TO REPLY TO ANY POST IN ORDER TO GET THE DOWNLOAD LINK. YOU ONLY NEED to "like" the INITIAL POST TO REVEAL THE SPOILERS! SPAM POSTS WILL BE REMOVED"

EIther that, or just remove the requirement to "like" the post in order to see the download links.

I get why you do it, it's so people who aren't registered with the forum can't download your mods.

Still, I find it VERY difficult to find useful posts on here when it comes to troubleshooting mods or seeing feeeback... If a mod I have is having problems, I often cone to the forum post, and see if anyone else is having problems, or if there's a solution.

This is because users here think you need to actually reply to a post in order to download it, so the topic is filled with pages of spam replies. I have to go through pages of spam replies to find any useful or serious non-spam posts.

It's time to change it so the forum is private, and the requirement to "like" the post in order to see the download link is removed.

Make it so non registered visitors can see the titles of forum posts, but they can't see the content of the posts. This will make it so it will still draw in new users who can see the titles of games they want mods for, and they will be compelled to register, while also cutting down on the amount of spam posts of people who think that you have to reply to a post, in order to see the download links.

Either this, or PLEASE start enforcing anti-spam posts and start handing out warnings and bans.

99% of posts on here are just useless one word or one character replies like "wow" or "cool", "ty" "." "mod" "good". This is a terrible experience. I don't want have to look through 10 pages of little kids posting "wow" or "thx" or "good" to find the one post that is actually useful.

For the love of God, make this change. I'm begging you.
Yes, what a legend! Supprot^69420

About us

• Welcome to Polarmods.com! We are an ever-expanding gaming community that loves to both help others, and make mods for everyone to enjoy! Although we're currently quite small, we can guarantee you that we offer the best game mods for the game that you're looking for! If you don't find what you're looking for please request it in the android mods request section. We're always trying to improve ourselves and to make you guys happy. We also want to help you out, that's why we offer tutorials on modding, and tools to help you out! So what are you waiting for? Join in on the fun! If you need anything, be sure to join our discord server, or contact us on one of your social medias below. We hope you have a great day :)

Quick Navigation

User Menu